Run Talk Run is a Running Mental Health Support Group.
We are a physical & virtual running community committed to supporting each other and being open about mental health.
Physical in the sense that we have “real” runs worldwide, where we come together on a weekly basis for a gentle 5k jog and a chat, and virtual in the sense that we have a wonderful online community too.
There aren’t many rules at Run Talk Run. But there are some, and they are here for good reason.
They are in place to maintain the Run Talk Run values, which are…
- We listen, not advise
- We believe in forming friendships and community
- We do not give a damn about pace
1. We run as slow as the slowest runner
2. It is not the responsibility of people at the back to keep up with the people at the front
3. We are there to listen but not advise
4. If we don’t have something kind to say then we say nothing at all
5. We don’t leave anyone behind
6. It is a confidential space*
*in the rare instance that a run leader is presented with a situation whereby we deem a runner to be at risk to themselves and/or others then we can breach this “rule”